View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #72
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Is this normal with a Mini--I took the Mini out of the official case to use. When I was done I used the slider to put it to sleep when I set it down. Later when I picked it up, it turned on all by itself!

I went in to settings and disabled the sleep cover mode, and now it doesn't turn on when I pick it up. But that seems very strange that it would do so. I am not wearing anything magnetic on my hands.

So why would it do that? And how would that affect battery life, it could be in my bag and turning on and off all the time?
This has happened to me with the Aura, in a non-magnetic cover, so I am baffled too.

On a side note, I just received my Kobo Mini which I like much, much better than my Aura. I like the size of course, but also the menu which I find super confusing on the Aura. Weird, I know, but now I am thinking that I should have bought the Glo instead of the Aura..

Anyway, I did the same as hidari and went looking for my old opus sleeve which is for the time being doing a good job at protecting my mini. I'd love the kobo official cover, but for some obscure reason, although you can buy the kobo mini in Spain, you can't buy any kobo accessories. . I'll have to find a way to order from WHSmith and have it transported over here (but I'll have a friend do this, a carrier would be much too expensive for just a cover).
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote