View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 01:37 AM   #24
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Sorry, but it doesn't happen on Sonys. I can't speak for other brands. Or, perhaps I should say; it doesn't happen on the two Sony's we have, or the ones I looked at in the shops. The only time you can see this happen is when the reader has been turned completely off, then turned on again. It doesn't occur between page turns. That is NOT something I would care to see on a regular basis.

Stitchawl
Interesting you should make that claim since ghosting is inherent to all eInk devices -- even eInk corporation admits that though stating the newer displays can go longer between refreshes and the refresh is faster with the caveat that the speed depends on the supporting electronics. The Sony PRS-T2 refreshes every 15 pages and after 10 pages the ghost images of previous lines show quite noticeably when the new page has white space where previous pages had text. The Kindle PaperWhite I played with had noticeable ghosting before it's refresh cycle. As noted in a Gizmodo review where the comment was that it showed ghosting before the every 5th page refresh cycle.

Did the ghosting bother me? Not really since you get to not noticing it after a while? Does the flash to black bother me? Again, after a short while you don't really notice it anymore.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote