View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 01:57 PM   #3
AMacD
Al
AMacD doesn't litterAMacD doesn't litter

Location: Bardstown, KY as home base, but RV following the seasons.
Device: Kindle1 and Kindle2 and Palm T|X
Re: Mobilread ebook stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR View Post
Please excuse my lengthy ramble, if you are still awake then now would be the right moment to sit back, think back to your first encounter with ebooks and tell us all about it!
Thanks!
I carry my Palm T|X with me everywhere. I was carrying a paperback to read during pauses in my life when I discovered Baen Books and found I could read Sci-Fi books on my Palm much more conveniently than carrying a book instead of a paperback. Then the sony Reader came out. It was not Mac friendly, had no search function and otherwise had drawbacks, including not being able to see one before purchase. I held off for a year. Then the Kindle came out and erased all my objections to the Sony so I bought one sight unseen but with a 30 day return guarantee if I didn't like it. Needless t say, I have not returned the Kindle. I loaded the Baen book onto the Kindle, searched a key word on the page I was on with the Palm and was off and running. I have bought mostly non-DRM books and have enough to last me until publishers wake up to the realization that they are killing their own sales by DRM and e-babel.
AMacD is offline   Reply With Quote