View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 08:07 AM   #14
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
I think you got your answer right there. If you know about technology, you'd stay clear of the mini.
Try this review from NBCNEWS:
http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/ga...wait-1C6820707

The reviewer really, really values the iOS ecosystem and apps. Enough to rank the Mini above most every possible competitor available today. (He doesn't mention the NOOK HD+ or FireHD9 since they're not yet officially out, apparently.)

His conclusion:
Quote:
Is there a consistent complaint about the iPad Mini, one that holds up even in Apple's world of "we know better than you" design choices? Yes, it doesn't have a Retina screen. Then ask, what's the chance that Apple fixing this particular problem within 12 months? Answer: 100 percent.

So then the calculus is, how much happiness do I sacrifice by waiting a year for an iPad Mini? Is it worth it to buy a cheaper tablet and put the remaining $140 in the iPad Mini 2 fund? Do I even have the willpower to resist a shiny new Apple product?

WINNER: Non-existent future iPad Mini 2 with Retina display
He may be a fan, but he's a fan who is paid to know technology.
And he prefers a non-existent product to the iPad mini that does exist.

So, your thesis seems to hold up.

(BTW, I have repeatedly seem Macintosh Computers--from the very first--held up as "computers for those that don't want to know about computers". That one holds up, too.)
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote