View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 08:44 PM   #28
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsi
On my computer, I keep a list of the books I've completed and the pertinent statistics. At the end of each quarter, I post this list on my LiveJournal blog at http://gee-elsi.livejournal.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzpilman
Now you don't even need a methodology, at a book every three days, you just crush'em before they even get in line!! You probably read in half a year more than most people read their entire lives. Do you have the help of any speed reading skills or just a solid-grounded habit (more than enough for anything we do) ?
No special training in speed reading, though I read fast enough. I just make sure that I'm never without a book to read. My hubby has a mild aphasia as a result of a stroke 14 years ago. He won't talk while he's doing something else like driving or even eating, so I have a book with me so I don't get bored. I also read for a short while when going to bed. Might be only a page or two or many, many pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzpilman
Very nice tracking you keep and paste to your blog. I do some statistical record keeping myself, only private I suggest you look into gauging by words instead of pages, it's far more reliable and really easy to get accustomed to (50k makes the average novel, below ~5k is a short story, over 100k a monster: the Hugo award has good definitions).
Oh, but you see, I never read short stories and almost never read novellas. I might be convinced to read a book of related short stories where the stories were more like chapters of a novel.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote