Thread: PRS-650 Good old Sony reader!
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #10
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fif23 View Post
vxf- would you say the Paperwhite has a much better screen regardless of light ?
No. Not at all. With the light off, it's on par with the Kindle Touch, which I found comparable to my PRS950, but inferior to T1/T2.

With the light off, I would go with a T2.
But that light.... it makes the difference. Ironically, it seems to most help when reading in bright environments. You crank that light high and put the PW next to a T2 and it's a noticeably whiter background.

At night, that light is not very different from reading on an LCD. For all the talk about frontlit vs backlit screens, it's a damn light shining in your face. You need to turn it way down, or it feels like reading on an iPad. And, at that point, it's no better than a SONY with a lighted cover.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote