View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 08:09 AM   #28
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
My post was meant to be directed to those claiming that Kobo was obviously doing no testing because they have problems with firmware updates on some individual devices. I'd be bitter too if it was my Kobo that was bricked, but realize there is ZERO chance that you're ever going to get a firmware that doesn't cause a problem for someone somewhere. My other point was that at least Kobo is trying their best to fix the problem as soon as it came to light, unlike some other companies (Sony) who wouldn't even acknowledge it was an issue initially. In a perfect world it wouldn't have happened at all. In the imperfect world we live in, at least be happy they've acknowledged some people have a problem and seem to be working as hard as they can to fix it.
At least Sony eventually acknowledged the issue. How long have people been experiencing dead taps? What has been Kobo's response?

I can see the update problems possibly slipping through testing, but the slow page turns for side loaded epubs?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote