View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 03:05 PM   #65
bookfiend
Enthusiast
bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Forma
I'm a horrifically slow reader, so I won't hit 100, but I thought it might be fun anyway to keep track of my reading this year.

Some of these books are ones I'm teaching this semester for a course on Romanticism in Spanish literature (but still a joy to read, of course, since I can choose what to teach), and will be labeled as such.

So far:

January
1. Hyperion, by Dan Simmons
2. Don Juan Tenorio, by José Zorrilla (for teaching)

February
1. El estudiante de Salamanca, by José de Espronceda (for teaching)
2. Don Álvaro o la fuerza del sino, by Duque de Rivas (for teaching)

March
1. Wishful Drinking, by Carrie Fisher
2. No More Dirty Looks: The Truth About your Beauty Products and the Ultimate Guide to Safe and Clean Cosmetics, by Siobhan O’Connor and Alexandra Spunt
3. El señor de Bembibre, by Enrique Gil y Carrasco (for teaching)
4. At Home: A Short History of Private Life, by Bill Bryson
5. The Most Human Human: What Talking with Computers Teaches Us About What It Means to Be Alive, by Brian Christian

April
1. The Dream of Reason: A History of Philosophy from the Greeks to the Renaissance, by Anthony Gottlieb
2. The Professor and the Madman: A Tale of Murder, Insanity, and the Making of the Oxford English Dictionary, by Simon Winchester
3. Fall of Hyperion, by Dan Simmons
4. The Clockwork Universe: Isaac Newton, the Royal Society, and the Birth of the Modern World, by Edward Dolnick

May
1. In The Plex: How Google Thinks, Works, and Shapes Our Lives, by Steven Levy

Last edited by bookfiend; 05-12-2011 at 09:56 AM.