View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Calibre2OPDS Catalog --> Dropbox Upload Time

Hi.

My question is: Is it supposed to take a long time to upload a new Calibre2OPDS catalog to Dropbox? I wanted to see how well everything still worked if I made a new catalog, so I made one. Now, it's taking "forever" to sync to Dropbox.

Background:

1. I put my Calibre library in (on?) my Dropbox account. No problems accessing it or in using Calibre to look at my books.

2. I created a catalog using Calibre2OPDS and it seems that it works fine. I can get to both the html catalog and the xml catalog (for Stanza on my iPad). The library has 1360 books and that is what is reflected in the catalog(s). I can download books (epubs - if that matters) to Stanza or to any compatible reader via the web catalog.

3. So, I wanted to test to see what happens when a) I add books to Calibre and b) then create a new catalog to reflect/show those new books.

4. I added 3 epubs to my Calibre library. Then, I ran a new catalog by running Calibre2OPDS. Didn't take very long to create the catalog and then I told it to sync.

5. This was about 45 minutes ago and Dropbox is still telling me that it is uploading 1300+ files... Calibre is closed (no system tray running) and I've not accessed the Dropbox.

I would have thought it would be a simple matter of syncing the new catalog to Dropbox. Or - am I confused in what is happening? All my books will have to re-sync anytime I make a new catalog?

I can live with that ... if that is what happens. Just seems odd that a "simple" catalog change will create an entire re-sync.

Your thoughts? Am I mucking it up or is it working as expected?

Thanks in advance for any sage/wise advice.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote