View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 10:19 AM   #30
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Let me know when you've settled on the final recipe(s) and I'll update them in calibre.
Since I don't use either of them, I'll rely on those who do to finalize them. Dwanthny's comments seem like a fine reason to keep both. I'll be happy to help move the new authentication code over to the uber version, but it's trivial to do that - just replace the old with the new and leave the other parts of the recipe untouched.

BTW, during the step of obtaining the auth code with the user/pass, I added the data: 'accountType', 'HOSTED_OR_GOOGLE'. That was recommended in the API and it worked. However, I did see a post from someone who had trouble with that and had to use 'accountType', 'GOOGLE' (he was not fetching from GoogleReader).

I didn't go deeply enough into the API to find out if it could cause a problem in the recipe. It may even work without that data (I believe it may default to 'HOSTED_OR_GOOGLE' if not specified). Apparently there are various kinds of accounts - but it wasn't something I wanted to delve into deeply. If someone else does, they may wish to change this to specify the accountType. I mention it only to make a record of it here in case someone pops up saying this recipe doesn't work for them. They may have multiple different types of accounts and this data field might fix it, if changed to one type or the other.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote