View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 02:32 PM   #3
tatteredscroll
Enthusiast
tatteredscroll will become famous soon enoughtatteredscroll will become famous soon enoughtatteredscroll will become famous soon enoughtatteredscroll will become famous soon enoughtatteredscroll will become famous soon enoughtatteredscroll will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle
The interaction between PC and Android you developed is close to what I'm looking for...I would like to have a simple way to get files from a Chromebook, Android phone, or Linux laptop over to my Boox.

Personal workflow // long-form reading, note-taking, annotating epubs (not crazy about Boox epub handwritten annotation, but it's growing on me), and PDFs. Still trying to decide if the 10.3 screen is too large for epubs.

When I had the NA2, having a quick and easy way to send websites I'm viewing (on a Linux, Chromebook, or Android phone) direct to the NA2 would be nice-- send as PDF or epub --without Boox website interaction.

I downloaded einkbro (eink browser) to the NA2 which provides a simple view of websites and can also export sites as an epub. Once you have an epub created from a website, you can then export additional sites to the same epub and they become chapters linked to a TOC. Cool feature, but it takes a lot of interactions to do it and I have to either be on the NA2 running einkbro or if I do this on my Chromebook or phone and have to figure out a way to push the files to the NA2, which can be tedious.

The sendtokindle and sendtoremarkable Chrome extensions, and sendtokindle Android app, once configured, are a breeze to use and do a decent job most of the time.

Professional workflow // I mostly use tablets for taking meeting notes, reading occasional PDFs, annotating, etc. Pretty much all dependent on Neoreader.

Misc // I would like to see a script-o-matic way to debloat a rooted Boox. I've used the Universal Android Debloater on other devices and it works well if you want a slimmed-down device. There was another thread here on MR about debloating and degoogling a device. I actually like some of the Boox apps and features, just not anything that is dependent on Boox.com.

Would like to see a pushRSS app not dependent on Boox that is designed for Android tablets/eink with a feature to convert articles to epubs or PDFs similar to einkbro...bundle them into a single file with a TOC. I currently use Calibre to download news articles/rss feeds and I can either plug my Boox into my laptop or fire up the Calibre Content server and download them to the device. Not bad, but an on-device app would be better for this I think.
tatteredscroll is offline   Reply With Quote