View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 02:54 PM   #1
john.hunt100
john.hunt100 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
ebook searches

Hi everyone

first time poster here

I have order my Cybook Gen3 and have started to look at what is out there in the ebook world whilst I am waiting for it to be delivered. However what I would like is some sort of way of checking if a book is available in ebook form before I start trying to find it. For instance I saw a book by Mark Steel (a British comedian) today and nearly bought it when I realised I should check if it is available in ebook form but seem to have to trawl through the few websites I have found so far to see if it exists. Obviously this is fairly tedious. There must be a better way. Even putting 'Mark Steel ebook' in a search engine like google finds nothing. Is there a better question I could ask? Would I do better by ISBN?

There is a website called http://www.dvdpricecheck.co.uk/ which trawls through loads of international DVD sellers to find DVD titles by price and region, is there a similar website for ebooks? Or is this the Holy Grail of the ebook world? I don't have any internet programming skills to put anything in place myself I am afraid

Not sure where I should have posted this so if it needs to be moved elsewhere then apologies

cheers
John
john.hunt100 is offline   Reply With Quote