View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 03:19 AM   #11
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantman42 View Post
Thanks for that, and the other recommendations. I'll have to look into all of them when I have more time.

Ideally, we'd like religious stories. The thing is, he's hearing stories about Jesus from school (the one about feeding the five thousand is a current favourite). I have no issue with that, but I'd like him to hear similar stories from other religions, if possible. Hence my request.
You're very welcome.

As for specifically religious children's stories....I think you may struggle to find many. I read a lot of stories from all over the world (or they were read to me) when I was a kid; Russia, Eastern Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia and few, if any, contained much directly religious imagery. At least I can't remember any which would fit the bill.

I wish you the best of luck with the search though, as I think you're quite right to try to show your kids that there are all sorts of beliefs out there, not just the local variety.
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote