View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 09:58 AM   #57
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I know I'm going to get pummelled for this, but hear me out. I loved the first five or six books of the Gor series by John Norman. The intensity of the world that was created was hypnotising. The characters were bold and well drawn. I became hooked.

Then, he veered off into a BDSM rant that has been going on for 20 books, while throwing in a few bones every now and again to further the plot arch that morons like myself were hooked on. The books were nearly unreadable becasue of all the wordy, uninteresting, gynophobic rants.

So, I have been reading the latest releases from FictionWise, because I want to find out what happened. They are fast reads, because whenever I see a paragraph that takes up the whole page (or three) I just thumb through until I get to the story again. I skip any chapter that is titled, "What occurred..."

The characters ahve become quite a bit more unidimensional, and the world is becoming quite a bit less interesting. I may not be able to finish the series, which saddens me a great deal.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote