View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 02:55 PM   #2
SleepyBob
Evangelist
SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
Children's books is one area where I just don't see ebooks getting nearly as much tractions, except perhaps for interactive read-aloud books (which are device-specific, lowering their appeal). There are a lot of real advantages to real books for children.

Pre-readers can go pull their favorite book of the shelf and page through looking at pictures on their own. Not so much on a Kindle.

Putting Cheerios on the Kindle screen just doesn't go over as well as playing with a real Cheerios book.

I'd much rather be looking outside or under a bed for my child's favorite book, than looking there for my iPad.

All seven people in my family can go get a book to read at the same time. I don't have seven iPads.

I have many favorite books from my childhoods that I lovingly packed up when I went to college and now read to my kids. Downloading an ePub doesn't bring the same emotional attachment as a real book.

I don't think the price advantage is nearly what you make it out to be, either. I looked at the Magic Tree House series, for example. Kindle editions were mostly in the $2.99-$4.99 range. New paperbacks were mostly in the $3.99-$4.99 range. Plus, you have the option to buy used.

Last edited by SleepyBob; 09-30-2011 at 02:58 PM.
SleepyBob is offline   Reply With Quote