View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 03:46 PM   #1
eric11210
Addict
eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
Any way to display meta data on the reader?

Hi folks,

I did a search for this, but didn't find any information. I downloaded large numbers of free books over the past few weeks and painstakingly got together the meta data for them, specifically descriptions and tags. Now I know that the tags get treated as "collections" and I just spent significant amount of time editing those to make manageable categories (I had over 3,000 tags since I had downloaded every tag when I sorted them in Calibre).

However, I have found no way to display the descriptions of the books on the reader itself. Is the only way to do it to reconvert the books and have Calibre insert the metadata as a page at the beginning of the book? It seems a little clunky to have to do that since there is no way to go directly back to browsing if I'm not interested in a particular book and want to go back. Any advice appreciated.

Edit: Okay, I did find a way to go back to the list in order to browse. However it's a lot more trouble than it should be. You press the options button and then press return to list. Seems to me it would be better if there was some way to display meta data without having to enter the book first, but if that's all I can do, I guess I'll just set Calibre to do the reconverting.

Thanks so much.

Eric

Last edited by eric11210; 08-07-2010 at 03:50 PM.
eric11210 is offline   Reply With Quote