View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post
Well, I for one was really disappointed in the book. Not in the sense that I had ever read Chandler and was let down that way, because I had not. I was disappointed because I had heard good things about the author not only here, but other sites as well.
Amen to that that. I felt exactly the same. This book has been praised to the skies on Amazon and for what. I was expecting a masterpiece, instead I regretted spending money to get it.

I didn't feel with any of the characters and the book gave me very little. The book felt melancholic all the way through to the end.

This was my first book by Chandler and probably my last.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote