View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #50
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
How and why did the Digital Editions folders get there anyway? They seem to save annotations files but I never made annotations. You might think that they're put there automatically to be ready for the possibility of annotations, but I just synced a couple of times and the Digital Editions have not been put back after I deleted them...
The contents of the "Digital Editions" directory is maintained by ADE on the device. When you read an epub or PDF, it is opened with ADE. That creates two files. One is under the annotations directory, one in the manifest. The files have the same name and path as the book being read with "annot" or "xml" added as the extension.

In dgvirtual's tree listing, it means that "KoboGrive/book1.epub" has been opened at some time. I don't know why "book2.rtf" and "book3.epub" are there, but he does say he changed some names.

But, I didn't know the "Digital Editions" directory was created on the SD card. It does make sense to do it that way. I haven't seen one on my cards, but I haven't looked for it before. Unfortunately, a quick test with 2.4.0 didn't create the directory or the files for an epub on the card. The files directory and files are still being created on the main memory. But, the annotations for the epub on the SD card only went into the database.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote