View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 02:23 PM   #3144
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
I had started Christie's Death on the Nile, not really liking Suchet's narration. Abandoned that for putting myself in the library queue for Kenneth Brannaugh's instead.
I started listing to Brannaugh's narration of Christie's Death on the Nile. He is incredible. I really liked his Shakespeare movie adaptions back in the late 80's and early 90's, but didn't expect he his very expressive voice for narration. This is the difference that a world class actor can make. The book itself is interesting, but a product of it's time. If racial and sexual stereotypes bother you, this might not be the book for you. I suspect that jazz lovers would be even more offended by her description of a band playing jazz music.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote