View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 01:37 PM   #10
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
Thanks, Hitch. I'll modify my advice in the future, though I'll continue uploading epub2s.
I honestly cannot imagine that KDP will "outlaw" ePUB2 anytime soon. I mean...I'm shocked that they're doing away with MOBI, but I understand their need for it. They have this constant issue with "MOBI" files created by other programs and I can see how that might be a headache. Wish they wouldn't, though, as it means rewriting dozens, literally, of our documents, redoing videos...man, it's a major freaking headache for me.

But inasmuch as MOBI has been a pretty unique-to-Amazon format for some years now, I cannot see them deciding that everything HAS TO BE KPF. Could it happen? Sure. They could very simply say, "when you upload an ePUB, we're converting it to .kpf" or KFX and I suspect that's exactly what occurs. But I can't see the advantage to them of outlawing ePUB uploads. I mean...for crying out loud, they still accept WORD files.

Altho, having said that...I guess they could just say "we'll still take Word, but for anything else, wiht more-advanced formatting, it has to be .kpf." (shrug). I confess, no, I wouldn't like it much.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote