Thread: Seriousness The Covid Vaccination Poll
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 04:13 PM   #7
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Three months ago, my thought process was "I'm nobody's guinea pig, I'm going to wait quite a while before getting it." Then I had friends die from, and be severely affect by, covid infections. Thus my attitude totally changed, and I became someone who was ready to get the vaccine at the earliest possible time.

But I am only 64, so not qualified in my state.

However, my local health insurance/medical provider maintains a "last minute list" of volunteers who will rush up to the hospital with minutes notice to get vaccinated when stupid inconsiderate no-shows to their appointments would otherwise mean they'd have to throw the vaccine out.

From that list, I was called - drove up there like a madman, and got my first shot two weeks ago. Once you get the first shot you are automatically scheduled for an appointment to get the second. Nobody was there (except for the nurses giving the injections) when I showed up. Just me, all by myself. Got my shot, we visited for the required 15 minute waiting period, then back home I went.

I know many people personally who have gotten the vaccine - both Pfizer and Moderna. Not a single one of them has had any symptom or side effect from either the first or second shot. Including myself.