View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 12:26 PM   #12
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
I see a whole slew of inexpensive and poorly made readers showing up in the coming months just so that they can jump on the bandwagon. You'll start seeing $20 readers in the check out line at Walmart. In the short term this will be bad for readers overall, people that get stung by a cheap on will assume that they are all poorly made. Eventually though the quality ones should emerge stronger.
Yeah, this is basically what happened before the iPod and other market dominators appeared in the MP3 market. Everyone started jumping in, and the smart businesses looked at what the market really needed (maybe not what they were asking for) and waded in.

The problem is that right now, the companies who have the best shot at being "the one to beat" are having problems getting the last puzzle pieces in place. It is still possible for a new guy to walk in, but so far I'm not seeing any device that really gets me excited that they hit the mark yet. A good selection of devices that are pretty close, but no true bullseye.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote