View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 11:38 PM   #32
Section8
Addict
Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Moon+ Reader on a cheap Android tablet
Running gentoo linux here. Upon restarting calibre with the newdb backend enabled, I just ended up with with a hung process that had to be killed.

Starting with "calibre -v" gives this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 279, in initialize
self.initialize_db()
File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 239, in initialize_db
self.db_class, errs = get_db_loader()
File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/db/__init__.py", line 129, in get_db_loader
from calibre.db.legacy import LibraryDatabase as cls
File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/db/legacy.py", line 18, in <module>
from calibre.db.backend import DB
File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/db/backend.py", line 14, in <module>
import apsw
ImportError: No module named apsw

apsw is a package available in gentoo's repository (portage), described as "Another Python SQLite Wrapper", and appears to be required by calibre's new db backend, so I installed that and was then able to start calibre successfully. So far, so good. Calibre recognizes my reader (Sony T1) and lists books on it.
Section8 is offline   Reply With Quote