View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 10:25 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I think I saw someone recently post that they use shortcut keys to switch to different libraries - but I can't find anything to do that - so perhaps I dreamt it - or they know calibre better than me, which wouldn't be hard

And have you ever had a look at this Managing subgroups of books, for example “genre” ?

I have two permanent libraries. One with ~20,000 work related publications; mainly academic & govt papers etc, journal articles, media clips, press releases etc, just a few ebooks of historical interest. The other with a about a hundred non-work related e- books.

The work related library was originally multiple libraries somewhat like yours, but I found there were things I wanted to do that I couldn't. That was because the core features of Calibre are restricted to working on one library at any one time. So I now have them all in one library using a hierarchical subgroups as described in the link above.

I find its much less work having one library - eg I only define a tag once.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote