View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 06:36 PM   #6
Brian
MobileRead Editor
Brian has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Treo 700p, Zodiac2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Dunstan
Brian did you check out the Boing Boing post I was referring to? It appears that Apple did not mention that they would collect this kind of information; in fact, this Marc guy points out,
I'm not apologizing for Apple not adding specific language in the SLA, Privacy Policy, and TOS to cover the Mini-Store sending data, but as I read all three, there are enough "catch-alls" to cover themselves in this situation.

Here's one section that has some catch-all language, as mentioned in post #9 to this story (Emphasis is mine):

Quote:
There are also times when it may be advantageous for Apple to make certain personal information about you available to companies that Apple has a strategic relationship with or that perform work for Apple to provide products and services to you on our behalf. These companies may help us process information, extend credit, fulfill customer orders, deliver products to you, manage and enhance customer data, provide customer service, assess your interest in our products and services, or conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are also obligated to protect your personal information in accordance with Apple’s policies. Without such information being made available, it would be difficult for you to purchase products, have products delivered to you, receive customer service, provide us feedback to improve our products and services, or access certain services, offers, and content on the Apple website.”
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote