View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 08:21 AM   #75
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by derangedhermit View Post
People often think of the border as a line, and it is, for some purposes. For DHS purposes, the border extends well back into US territory. I imagine they are hoping to find intelligence jackpots on someone's hard drive. (Intelligence on illegal drug or other smuggling, or terrorist operations. Maybe even illegal immigration, but that's probably less vital to them.)
Side note- at one point, a "trusted" source was claiming that the Mexican government had seized land from the Rio Grande to the Nueces in Texas, and the Mexican army was enforcing Mexican law. How's that for border issues?

Quote:
If they find purchased but de-DRMed e-books on my PC or tablet, I guess they can bust me if they want to. I doubt they are looking now, but if they win the drug war, slow illegal immigration to the extent they want to, and terrorism becomes a non-issue, maybe things like software or books or movies or music will move up the list of things they'll grab you for.
I really doubt the average DHS officer is going to know what to look for, or have relevant account access.

Like I said, they've got bigger issues on their mind than a few possibly bootlegged MP3s and ePubs.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote