View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 03:53 PM   #3
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_T View Post
Hello all,

I am currently trying to make up my mind whether to add a 9.7" e-Ink reader to my current arsenal (Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod, Windows PC and in the neer foreseeable future Windows 8 tablet), and which one.

One important question for that is whether the device supports 2-column text in electronic book format (NOT in PDF, there it's of course possible, but the disadvantages of reading PDFs might be mitigating the advantages of having a large reader).

So a quick question ... is it possible to convert a book, say, an Amazon book, with Calibre to an ebook format and read it in 2-column format on the M92?

(What I am looking for is something like the Kindle Reading app on the iPad, but with e-Ink).

Best regards,
Andy
There is a "two column" mode for EPUBs on M92.

1) In new PDF Reader. Just switch to landscape mode and select thumbnail view.
2) In CoolReader in advanced settings you can select "two landscape pages"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot_1.png
Views:	299
Size:	230.2 KB
ID:	99785   Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot_2.png
Views:	312
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	99786  

Last edited by Booxtor; 01-20-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote