View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 07:05 PM   #38
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
To quote Thomas Huxley: "The great tragedy of science, the slaying of a beautiful theory by an ugly fact."Regards,
David
I never let a 'fact' get in the way of what I experience. Printed statements are fine... but only if you live in a book. Experience differs for each person. That's why there are so many different brands of everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moffattm View Post
Ok, now that we've established that you don't like the Kobo, that you won't buy one, and that you'll stick with Sony,
Unless I win a Kobo in the Winter Give-away.
Then I'll need to come here and learn what has to be done to it to make it readable. From what I see, between adjusting contrasts, adding side-loaded fonts, editing fonts in an external program, editing jpgs in an external program, etc., etc., etc., there will be lots to do!

Quote:
I assume that we can draw this conversation to a close? No need to continue the debate if you've made up your mind.
Debate? I thought this was a discussion. My bad... I really wasn't aware that there was to be a 'winner' and a 'loser.' I'll have to go back and check the guidelines.

Quote:
We'll see you over on the Sony forum where I see there are lots of people complaining that their Sony's have problems with wi-fi, battery life, loading books, ghosting, etc.
Probably not. My Sony doesn't have wi-fi. I have no need of it. I get two weeks worth of daily reading from the battery which is enough for me, right now there are 452 books loaded in the main memory, and there's no ghosting that I can see. No need to check into that forum.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote