Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 02:21 AM   #1066
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaTornado View Post
Edit: *Answered my main question with some Googling :P*

One question though, whats the Kindlet JB do? The actual jailbreak install dev certs (i think?), but not sure what the Kindlet JB is. :x And if I decide to update, do I need to remove the Kindlet JB first?
Jailbreak is for installing anything to root partition - and yes consist of nothing more than a dev-certificate. The rest is window dressing and a clever way to copy that key where it needs to go. Kindlet Jailbreak is for active content to run (and maybe break out of their sandbox? not sure on that).

FYI, next time when you ask a question, would be nice if you don't edit it out only because you found an answer. Leave the question, and say you found it and what the answer is (or where). MR is not for your benefit, it is for everybody's benefit. Somebody else with the same question and no solution would like to hear what you found out.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote