View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 10:57 AM   #8
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penge View Post
The SD card I was using was a 4gb micro.
As I stated earlier it's a known issue that Kobo ereaders have problems with some brands of SD cards. You may still have problems even after trading the reader in for another one. If you still have issues, try a different SD card brand if you can. Have you tried the Kobo without the SD card? In other words did you take the SD card out and load books directly onto the Kobo?

It's pretty hard to determine what is going on without more information on what you did or did not do to try and resolve the problem.

Sure taking it back and exchanging it is the easy thing to do but may not actually solve the problem if it isn't the Kobo or rather that the Kobo is having issues with that SD card brand.

Quote:
I did notice after having to factory reset the Kobo that it doesn't like some of the epubs I have on the card and would hang on certain ones.
RANT: Known issue, whether Kobo ever actually fixes this is another matter, like the myriad other bugs in the firmware. I love the Kobo but they either need to fire the software (firmware) managers or the programmers. They make changes to the UI almost every update but there are bugs going back to 1.9.17 still. Not counting the bugs that were seemingly fixed one firmware update popping back up the next firmware update.

Quote:
Also it doesn't seem to work well with a large number of ebooks, which is a bit self-defeating.
The Kobo doesn't have problems with large numbers of books. It's problem is with problematic books causing it to hang. Having a large number of books of course makes it more difficult to track down the bad book(s). The only resolution to this at the moment is to add a book or two at a time to track down those books causing the Kobo to hand. Not an elegant solution but it works.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote