View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 04:33 AM   #22413
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by amward View Post
Didn't you know that as soon as sewing machines were invented quilters and other sewers (watch out how you pronounce that in your head lol)were using them? Mr Singer used to let customers have the machines and pay them off over time. I do hand quilt quite a lot but that may now change.
It really does make perfect sense. It's just not how I envisioned quilting. But with that in mind, my earliest memories of sewing machines came at my grandmother's house, with her stepping on the controller making things. Then one day in my teens I saw a Treadle-powered sewing machine and I thought, 'Wow! Ancient stuff!' But then I moved to S.E. Asia and saw NEW Treadle-powered Singer sewing machines being sold in shops!! People would set them up on street corners and offer tailoring while you wait. That still goes on today! What a world we live in, eh?

Gotta go... Corn soup is ready!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote