View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 02:35 PM   #6
cush
Virtual Staggerwing Flier
cush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle (and an iMac)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
Hmm this statement seems to contradict with what other people claim from experience:

http://www.nerdgirl.com/2008/07/29/a...utside-the-us/
Hi Tad.

I guess I don't see the inconsistency. Apparently one must have a US credit card account with Amazon, which I suppose most of us do (??) even if one is planning to pay entirely with a Gift Card. Reading down the comments on nerdgirl's site indicates that the procedure described in her original post doesn't work for those outside the US.

Looks like those outside the US are out of luck unless they have a friend or relative here who can maintain an account for them (and buy and ship a Kindle to them). Hopefully this will be fixed soon but I think there are serious international publishing rights and perhaps tax issues to be overcome.

Last edited by cush; 07-31-2008 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Correct syntax and add info
cush is offline   Reply With Quote