View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 11:31 AM   #8
smallhagrid
Hillbilly
smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: EZReader
Thank you for that wonderful and informative reply !!!
I sincerely wish the info you shared had been thoughtfully included in the manual or in some easily found post entitled 'general knowledge NEEDED for using E-ink devices'.

I also wish I knew of some way to 'lock' the Mentor as I can find no such thing.
My on<->off ideas come from the prior use of battery eating devices which HAD to be shut off between uses or run out of power if they did not do auto-off.

My e-reader goal is almost constant usage - I read many times per day, each day and that is why it was such a joy to discover a hand-held which was so light and wonderful to use with just one hand !!!
As a result I have unburdened my tiny living space of 90% of the books which used to be all around; I thought I'd simply hate non-paper books and here I've done the EXACT opposite.
That the E-ink can be treated as a dead-tree book and left on is even more wonderful news and I shall implement it immediately.
My only hesitation is in that I do carry my reader around with me as I change places and it worries me NOT to be able to lock it in some fashion...?

BTW theducks, I think your sig is brilliant !!!

Best Wishes.

mark
smallhagrid is offline   Reply With Quote