View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 04:24 PM   #7
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
I'm not talking about suitability, though, but of expectations.
Door handles are great inventions.
And map books (especially historical ones) are fascinating; I have a bunch.
I'm just not sure that the kids that grow up with a plastic ebook reader in their back pocket are going to value the permanence of a print edition over the convenience of an online mapping app.

On the fiction front; I'm rather fond of Asimov's "THE FEELING OF POWER".

"Nine times seven, thought Shuman with deep satisfaction, is sixty-three, and I don't need a computer to tell me so. The computer is in my own head.

And it was amazing the feeling of power that gave him. "
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote