View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 07:48 AM   #10
Karel
iRex Community Manager
Karel doesn't litterKarel doesn't litterKarel doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024
After a couple PM's on this topic I figure I need to make an explicit announcement.
Due to the lack of reliability of the three iLiad's I've received from iRex (2 DOA's and 1 failed) I have ceased all development for the iLiad. Mark it down as three strikes and they're out, especially with the $100's of USD I've had to pay for shipping on DOA replacements. I'm not pouring any more money into repairing the unit as I've lost all confidence in the reliability of the iLiad hardware. And frankly I'm also tired of listening to them keep making excuses for missed promises.
I am sorry to hear about that however I do like to reply to your post to clear up somethings.

Together with many other mobileread members you were one of the first to order an in iLiad and initially we did have a few DOA's and you were very unfortunate to receive two in a row. However each time we did our best to ship you a replacement at the soonest.

Your current iLiad is still under warranty so if there is a hardware failure, I recommend to contact out Tech Support center so we can solve it.

Regarding the costs related with one of the returns, there was a misunderstanding and we have offered to settle that bill but never received an answer from you.

and finally, we did offer you an iLiad for developing purpose but this you rejected.

With the means we have, we do try to support our developer community, I think the shell access is a good example here and we still have a few more things on the horizon for those interested to develop for the iLiad.

Anyway I wish you the best with future development project.

regards
Karel
Karel is offline   Reply With Quote