View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 12:19 AM   #35
Pulpmeister
Wizard
Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I currently use a small, slim LG phone. Purely as a telephone, and once-in-a-blue-moon texting, replying if someone texts me, nothing else. I don't do social media. I had a Samsung Galaxy 5, but it was too bulky to slip in my top pocket of my business shirt, so I gave it to my sister, who loved it. I don't even use the LG much as a phone. I have a landline for that, right there on my desk.

All my "device" stuff is done on a big, powerful desk computer as I do a lot of HD video editing, and process lots of imagery from my Nikon and other cameras, as well as manage 2 websites and edit a club magazine. It has a scanner and two printers attached, all working. No smartphone is up for that workload. I have to have a big screen and a good keyboard. And since my workplace is at my PC, that is also where I do all my internet stuff as well.

The huge plus of this arrangement is that I don't spend my non-desk hours in a haze, hypnotised by a tiny screen as I walk down the street and under a bus, or drive into the back of a car stopped at the lights...

Oh, and I read ebooks on a Kindle. Horses for courses is my motto.

Last edited by Pulpmeister; 05-16-2018 at 12:22 AM. Reason: afterthought
Pulpmeister is offline   Reply With Quote