View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 07:44 AM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_ben View Post
Hi all!

I am currently using a Kindle 4, which has been serving me well, but I feel that some buttons (page flipping on the right side, power button) are showing signs of wear.

Now I am looking for a possible replacement, ideally with a higher contrast HD screen. I just want to read with the device. So far I have mostly bought books at Amazon, but I would be interested in using public libraries as well.

The most obvious choice seems the Kindle Paperwhite (EUR 99 right now), as it has most features I want. However, I was wondering if there are alternatives that offer the same features for a lower price or more features at roughly the same price, e.g.:

-A bigger screen
-Support for borrowing ebooks, e.g. via Overdrive
-Water-proofing
-Additional hard keys
-Cover art on lock screen
Bigger screen, water-proofing and cover art on lock screen = Kobo H2O of Aura One. But they're both more expensive than €99.

I don't have any experience with Overdrive, but with the One you can use it on the device (don't ask me how, I have absolutely no idea, as I don't have any place to borrow books from)

What you could try, is look at the second-hand market for an H2O as that one does tick a lot of your boxes (only no hardware keys, they seem to think nobody uses those anymore...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote