View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 07:17 AM   #15
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
For what purpose? ...
For the purpose of re-formatting (potentially eventually into mobi/e-pub) so they are easier to read with an e-book. I've attached example PDFs and related thumbnails from (a) the PDF, (b) the PDF loaded into MS Word, and (c) a re-formatted version of the PDF in MS Word. For each case, I loaded the PDF directly into MS Word (subscription version of Office 365 Home), then did nothing but a 30-second re-format by changing the margins. No editing.
1. Computer-generated, fairly complex layout--two columns, inset graphics/tables.
2. Scanned from a book.
In both cases, I can quickly get to a very readable solution with minimal editing work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	example_2col_pdf.png
Views:	1198
Size:	291.2 KB
ID:	153719   Click image for larger version

Name:	example_2col_word.png
Views:	1205
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	153720   Click image for larger version

Name:	example_2col_reformatted.png
Views:	1184
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	153721   Click image for larger version

Name:	example_scanned_pdf.png
Views:	1069
Size:	955.9 KB
ID:	153722   Click image for larger version

Name:	example_scanned_word.png
Views:	1040
Size:	473.1 KB
ID:	153723   Click image for larger version

Name:	example_scanned_reformatted.png
Views:	939
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	153724  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2col.pdf (154.0 KB, 424 views)
File Type: pdf scanned.pdf (1.47 MB, 472 views)
willus is offline   Reply With Quote