View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #69
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbanisher View Post
The fact that they made a lot of money is not proof of wrongdoing. I don't know much about how they run their business, but the service they provided was legitimate, even if it was used illegitimately. According to the Wikipedia article on Megaupload, they have 81 million unique visitors (I presume that it is per month), and a "Reach" of 4%. I don't know what that means, but I presume that means the percentage of visitors that use their service. 4% would be about 3.2 million users. If each paid 5$ per month for the service, that would be 16 million dollars a month, 192 million per year. For the kind of service they provide, I can't imagine many people being willing to pay more than a few bucks a month for legitimate uses. If they were charging quite a bit for the service, such as 10 or more dollars a month, then that would indicate that the vast majority of users were buying memberships for illegitimate reasons.
I thought I read in another article earlier today that it brought in 175 million, but don't quote me on that.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote