View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 09:14 AM   #60
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I guess my thinking was that perhaps it is not necessarily the same desired hierarchy. For instance a PDF is the most likely source for an ISBN for many books, yet it is one of the awful formats to convert from that will be near the bottom of most people's lists.

I guess it also then begs the question of whether the plugin should on failing to find an ISBN in one format for a book move onto the next format if any for that book (which if it took that approach would mean that it could just use the conversion hierarchy, it just might run a little slower as it works through the other book formats first if indeed they do not have ISBN).

I have got an "interactive" version up and running (you choose the format if there is more than one available) which I will publish to the plugin forums shortly. People can feedback on that thread how they would like any "auto-hierarchy" stuff to work.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote