View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 08:14 PM   #43
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by colibris79 View Post
I suppose with TWRP we don't need to use Factory Tools to update the firmware and we can do it like any other rom with TWRP, right? I am planning to update to 1.8.2 firmware and wanted to try it.
I hope you have better luck than I did. I could not get 1.8.2 to install through TWRP. There would always be some error. I could do a nandroid backup, and I could restore from backup, but I couldn't install anything. The same thing happened with my Boyue T63.

So, I decided to use Factory Tools to reinstall 1.8.1 (which also replaced TWRP with stock recovery), and then I was able to upgrade to 1.8.2 with the update.zip at Onyx International. If I can't install anything with TWRP, what's the point of having it?
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote