View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 12:17 PM   #15
llempert
llempert began at the beginning.

Device: Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonook View Post
Nook Glowlight 3 using Overdrive (public library) and Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.7 and MacBook Air (Sierra 10.12.6)

These steps seem like a lot, but only took five minutes:

1. De-authorize ADE 4.5.7 on Mac
2. Uninstall ADE 4.5.7 by moving ADE files from Applications to TRASH
3. Empty TRASH
4. Download Adobe Digital Editions 3.0 from Adobe website and install
5. Any remaining Overdrive EPUB library books will still be in ADE; “remove” (not return) them from the ADE library
6. Close ADE
7. Connect Nook to computer
8. In Finder under Devices, Nook, delete Digital Editions folder
9. Eject Nook
10. Re-download desired ePUBs from public library (Overdrive)
11. Transfer downloaded books to ADE as usual; for transfer to be completed, ADE will request user ID and password to re-authorize computer
12. Connect Nook to computer
13. In ADE, transfer ePUBs to “Nook”
14. When completed, eject Nook
As of January 2020, I was encountering the "Loan token update failed" problem, and thanks to the advice quoted above was able to solve it, but with fewer steps. The devices and applications at issue are Glowlight 3, ADE version 4.5.10, and MacBook Pro running High Sierra 10.13.6. With the Glowlight connected to the MacBook, and having accepted "Turn On" in response to the Glowlight's USB prompt, I went to NOOK > Devices, and deleted the Adobe Digital Editions folder. (I had previously authorized both the MacBook and the Glowlight within ADE, but note: I did not find it necessary to to revert to an earlier version of ADE.) Then in ADE, via File > Copy to Device > NOOK, I copied my Overdrive-borrowed book to the NOOK. At first it came up in the Glowlight Bookshelf with no cover, as before, but this time I was able to open it without getting the "Loan token" error message. Bottom line: deleting the ADE folder within the NOOK directory by itself was enough to overcome the loan token error.
llempert is offline   Reply With Quote