View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 06:58 PM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
The text is noticeably darker and has more contrast on the Glo HD, so for myself, it's a very nice upgrade. The text on the regular Glo looks gray in comparison now. Another thing I love about the Glo HD is that the screen is perfectly smooth, unlike the rough feel on the screen from the Glo. That doesn't seem to bother a lot of people, but it sure was a nice change for me (coming from Sony 350s that had perfectly smooth screens). The lighting is more even on the Glo HD as well, you can't even see the usual cone-shaped shadows at the bottom where the LEDs are.

The firmware is the same though, so all functions of the software are pretty much the same. Be warned though if your mom likes the games on the Glo, they are not included on the Glo HD. It's not a problem for me, when I pick up my ereader it's to read, I can use my phone or a computer if I want to play games.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote