View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #51
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
Never made any point about you being anti-Apple
Of course you did. Your snarky:

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative
and my last point, "I don't expect any factual points to influence either side in the Apple/Android wars but I suppose we should be grateful to both sides for their entertainment value even if it is getting a bit jaded now... " gets confirmed...
clearly paints me as either anti-Apple or anti-Android: and anti-Apple in the context of my comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
just it's illogical comparing low (less or non-profitable) end market goods with high-end goods from company that doesn't DO low end goods
Which I totally agree with, but that wasn't the topic of the discussion at that point; nor is it relevant to a chart that indicates total market share. We were talking about developer interest in the iOS and Android platforms. Hence total market share is the topic, not comparisons between specific devices.

By all means make the point that developers are more likely to make sales to owners of high end devices, and so a high end presence will resist losing developers due to the erosion of market share better than a low end presence, but, as I said, the article is wrong to pretend that low end devices should not be considered to be part of the market share.

Graham

Last edited by Graham; 11-22-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote