View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 08:22 AM   #39
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughingdragons View Post
I was just on a plane Sat. and they said anything with an on and off switch needed to be turned off and put away.

I'll be glad when this happens. I've been told to put my reader away a few times in the past. I have a Sony reader so no wifi. I fly at least once a year to see family.
You must have an older Sony reader, because the 950, T1, and T2 all have WiFi, but the WiFi on my T1, even when on, stays in a deep sleep mode where it turns completely off unless I request a network connection. Sort of an automatic airplane mode. Yes, that is definitely a disadvantage of a reader over a physical book. And as others have pointed out, the distraction thing is not an issue because I see plenty of people reading a paper book, newspaper, playing Sudoku/crosswords, etc. instead of listening to the safety briefing. I fly two to three times a year now.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote