Thread: OTG support
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 10:48 PM   #36
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Wireless is better, if the receiver is a USB device.
For instance the Logitech "unify" receiver.

The receiver would take far less power from the Kindle port than an actual keyboard would.
And, in the case of the Logitec receiver, would allow you to add both keyboard and mouse.

Logitect does not ship the "Unify" setup for Linux, but I have a Linux version that is in the "public domain". So getting the divices to "pair" under Linux is a solved problem.
Now that sounds interesting, I hadn't considered that option. The Logitech keyboards are a bit long in the tooth but I guess that shouldn't really matter.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote