View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 09:16 AM   #42
lioslaith
Zealot
lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle, Kobo Vox/Glo, Nook
Transferring WHSmith epubs to Kobo

I'm in the UK and this morning I got an email sent late last night from WHSmith with a what they called improved eBook service allowing me to transfer my purchases at WHSmith eBook store to my Kobo account/library.

Out of the 64 books I bought from WHSmith over the last couple of years 49 imported straight into my Kobo Account, the only exceptions being either Kobo doesn't have the permission to sell a particular book (be it geographical restrictions) or if it's a PDF rather than epub.

But Kobo also gave me direct links on how to import these PDF based books from ADE if I wished to do so. I figure in my case all non-transferred books were PDF books if I remember correctly.

At least I can still re-download these titles from Kobo at anything in the future if I want rather than depend solely on my copies in my ADE folder.

This was mainly handy to me as I have bought a Kobo touch for my Mum for Xmas and the bulk of my WHSmith eBook purchases were on her behalf for her now defunct Elonex Reader. So I'll download them directly onto her touch prior to giving it to her. That way she'll have a decent sized library to start off with.
lioslaith is offline   Reply With Quote