View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 09:29 AM   #5
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I did initially wonder about supporting other formats, but the immediate question becomes how would it work, when you have a book that has multiple formats? Say you have a book that has an ePub and a mobi version. Which would it choose to calculate on? Should there be a user configurable preference list (a bit like the input format order?).

And then if using the apnx code, clearly there is the two algorithms - should the choice be hard-coded, user configurable, or use the Kindle driver setting?

It opens questions I chose to avoid for the sake of a quick plugin that was primarily a technical experiment as a precursor to the new version of Extract ISBN...

That is not to say I wouldn't be willing to make the changes to make it more useful to others, clearly from the posts above there is interest. I just would appreciate some input as to how you would like to see it working.

For myself I only store ePub and mobi versions so always have an ePub to "calculate" on. I guess it will be interesting to see how the numbers differ on user_none's page calculations versus the simple calc done on ePubs for the viewer.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote