View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 08:58 AM   #8
etienne66
Groupie
etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle 2, PRS-600 Black, PRS-650 Red, Adam w/ Pixel Qi(pre-ordered)
Now that I've had this for a couple of weeks.
The battery life seems to be a lot better than my PRS-600. I let my PRS-650 stay in Sleep Mode most of the time. I've been reading relatively a lot for me in the last couple of weeks and the charge lasted just about 2 weeks. I find myself wanting to read more now that I don't have to deal with the glare of the 600. I've also noticed that adding a note to a book takes a lot less time. I didn't put a stopwatch to it, but it was noticeably quicker.

I have had my unit hang a few times. It will give a very ghosted appearance and be very sluggish, but if I power it off and back on again it seems fine. I won't hold my breath, but maybe Sony will decide to put out an updated firmware for this unit. I'll see if I can get a photo of the screen the next time it happens. That should make it clearer.

I think they've gotten the hardware right this time, if they will just tweak the firmware. Like this lockup problem and proper display of soft-hyphens.

Etienne66
etienne66 is offline   Reply With Quote