View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 02:53 PM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfox View Post
Looks to me like they are talking about FBReader
Part of the thread is about FBReader, but that particular post is about using Wine and MS Reader, eReader and/or MobiPocket Reader.

The way I work around MOBI compression for FBReader is to run Calibre's mobi2oeb, zip the resulting files together and rename the file .oebzip. This isn't perfect, because Calibre does not produce an optimal .opf file, but it allows the ebook to be read by FBReader. In earlier versions of mobi2oeb, I had to delete the .opf file and form a simple .zip of the rest (which is then opened by FBReader as a single-file HTML ebook). What is really needed is a "mobi2mobi" like command that converts from MOBI compression to standard compression, but with any luck Calibre will eventually be able to do this with mobi2epub followed by epub2mobi.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote